Thursday, April 23, 2009

Blogspot is looking a little strange this morning - don't know what that's about - so I hope this post goes through.

this morning I spent some time cleaning off my encaustic wax work table. It really wasn't too bad - just a little dusty - which is not a good thing of course.

I am itching to make some new stuff for my upcoming show in July. I just need to settle down a little and try to focus.

I constantly fight the urge to go in a million directions... I love working with many kinds of media - and thus it can be hard to pick just one.

Still, I have been looking at books and stuff on the internet - which is both good and bad I suppose.

On the one hand it offers up lots of inspiration - on the other it can make one down one's own abilities and then that ugly monster in the head says 'oh you aren't a REAL artist'.

which is, of course, complete nonsense. And intellectually I know this. Just gotta settle down Amy....settle down.

No comments: