Friday, July 25, 2014

Greetings everyone! I apologize for not posting for a bit (ack! a whole month!!!) but things have been kind of busy around here - which, while I don't subscribe to the idea that the busier you are the better a person you are - sometimes that is how it is, and things get away from you.

Anyway, I don't have too much to report - not much quilting from mom going on right now - summer is not conducive to hand quilting apparently - but I have been practising endlessly on my free motion machine quilting.

After a slight mishap with my Pfaff - it's presser foot motor died on my and wouldn't even turn on!- we are back in business and I am in the process of making some note and sample and stuff about what threads I am using, the tension I used that worked best, and so on. Fussy stuff, really, and not the kind of thing I like to do much of, but I think it will be helpful in the long run. At least, I hope so.

I got a message that my mom's vintage Kenmore 19410 is back from the spa, so I will be going to pick that up tomorrow I hope. I can hardly wait to try free motion on it, just to see what it's like. I did a wee bit before I sent it in for a tune up and what was most interesting to me is that you don't use a foot at all on it.  Also, I can say that you get REALLY used to the automatic needle-down feature of computerized machines.

I've been searching in vain for fellow users of the Pfaff 2058 like I have, but so far to no avail. Apparently my machine is 'old'.  As in, it's 6 or 7 years old. Sheesh. Still, it's what I have, and I like it just fine. And if I ever get another machine, I will keep this one. I don't know that I want to do all the research that a new machine would require.

So, until I can post again, here are a couple of pictures to tide you over (or is is tie you over?)



Those two heart shapes were inspired by the class I just signed up for on Craftsy.com. Patsy Thompson's class...so far so good! I have learned a lot from my Craftsy classes and am so glad I have that option! getting to actual classes is so hard for me! yay for the internet!!!

No comments: