I have some good news!
Remember the quilting project my mom and I started back at the beginning of April?
Well...we are reaching a critical point in the process. She is currently working on the last block that we NEED to do in order to make this quilt. I have some others that are made just in case we don't like a particular block for some reason...color or whatever.
I made a design board some time ago using those huge sheets of insulation/styrofoam that they have at Home Depot etc. I covered it with flannel that I got at JoAnn's on sale. It's big an awkward right now because it's living in my living room, not my studio. But it will allow us to lay the blocks out so that we can determine the layout of the quilt.
After that, I will begin to sew the blocks together, using the method I found in Georgia Bonesteel's book.
We will still need to choose some border fabrics and attach the borders.
A couple of months ago I made my mom a table topper using (I hope) all of the various methods that I will be using on the big quilts. That let me work out the kinks a bit.
I still have a tremendous amount of work to do on this quilt and mom still has many blocks on the other one she is working on, but it's nice to see light at the end of the tunnel.
I will for sure post pictures when we get the layout figured out.