Sunday, April 20, 2008

I'm back!

After much frustration and trouble trying to get my old blogspot account moved over to the new Google what-cha-ma-callit (I'm not a complete dork when it comes to the computer but man...sometimes it really ticks me off) I finally got it figured out (maybe) with the help of genius husband (shhhhh...don't tell him - he'll 'get the big head' as my grandma used to say).

Anyway, It's been over a year since I posted here and I suppose it's about time that I get back into it!

I'll try to post some art next time but for now I thought I would share what's on my plate right this minute. After much procrastinating and avoidance I am trying to get my studio into some semblance of order. I know myself well enough to know that I am not, nor ever will be, a neat freak. I am terrible about putting stuff away when I am done with it. I have lots of interests.

This leads to a terrible mess in my studio. And I don't mean just a big mess from creating art. I mean a big mess that KEEPS me from creating at all.

Here's what my studio looked like last weekend:



Anyway - it's not quite so bad this weekend, but it was a busy week so I didn't get as much done as I would like. I at the very least got the treadmill and mattress out of there - leftovers from a small remodeling project in which we had to clear a storage area...hence the odd assortment of unrelated-to-art crap in my studio.

I have the generous help of my friend Alice, who does the occasional pro-organizing bit. I've made lots of lists. I've hemmed and hawed...and now it's time to put this all into action.

Stay tuned for updates.

No comments: