Monday, August 29, 2011


I didn't get to paint at all yesterday. which sucked. But oh well. I got up this a.m. and did what I wanted to do yesterday:


a detail:




So... you see...sometimes you really ARE rewarded when you take the plunge and set fear aside and experiment. Well, I confess that this is not exactly an experiment...I mean, I knew what I was going to do, for about two days. I know what I am going to do next. It's IS an experiment in the sense that I don't know how it is going to look exactly, when it dries. It should be more translucent than it looks here because the paint in this layer is mixed with soft gel and thus, should be more glaze like. I didn't have the heavy gel I had planned to use, so I had to use soft, which is not quite what I wanted. But then I thought...ok Amy...you can make do with what you have, or you can put it off until you get to the art store to buy what you want. I still plan to go buy some heavy gel, because I think it would give me the texture I want in the future..but...I didn't want to put off painting for yet another day.

Oh and surfing around the art blogs I found out that Cy Twombly, who has recently passed away did the coolest stuff....and how come I didn't know about him???? Google him and see what you think...

No comments: