Saturday, August 25, 2012

Good morning everyone! It's a big day here as I have multiple things on my to-do list.

First off, I have an art group meeting to go to. Some of you may already know about ArtistsConnect. We meet in Edmonds (WA) every fourth Saturday of the month. It's a great group of people! I have been a member since 2005 and our group has really grown! After that meeting I have another one with regarding ARTSplash - our annual summer art show that features art from our members. It's a wrap-up meeting to discuss how things went and how we can improve for next year.

Then after that, I have to take some more jewelry to Cole Gallery. I am pleased that my jewelry has done as well as it has. People are always resistant to bigger jewelry but I never can figure out WHY! lol So I am taking some smaller and lighter pieces to see how they do. I really need to get going on some new things but there just hasn't been time...

THEN I have to go run some errands - namely buy a new coffee maker for my mom. she wants a red one. It has not been that long since you could go lots of places to buy red coffee makers but these days they seem in short supply. I've already looked at two places. Sigh. There was a time when you could go look for something and actually find it. These days...not so much.  We need to buy a few pieces of furniture too and let me tell you, if you like beige or gray or ultra contemporary crap (and it IS CRAP) then you are in business. But if you want traditional, or a floral fabric, or anything pretty,  forget it. If you want that you have to order it. And really, who does that? Who orders big ticket stuff like that, sight-unseen? And the commercials for the furniture stores around here - OMG - SOUL-KILLING, SPIRIT-SUCKING UGLINESS. An endless sea of black and brown pseudo leather CRAP.  OK - off my soapbox now.

My studio clean-up is....going...but sort of on hiatus at the moment. Well, not really, but this week has been sort of busy around here. My mother's brother is not well, and so that has been a serious source of sadness and worry around here for several days. I just hope he pulls through. The state of our healthcare in this country astounds me. I won't go into it here, because this is not a blog about politics and such but sometimes I get so angry...

Anyway, I am trying to figure out a system that will work for me as far as where to store my paints and make them wholly accessible to me while I work. It's hard! And good lord,  I have a lot of paint. What I really need to do is make some hard decisions about what I really need in here that will facilitate my work. And what do I do with the stuff that I still like and MIGHT use one day...

All I know is that until I get my work table cleared off some there will be little work done.  I have managed to do a few things, but not as much as I would like. I think momentum is key here. Painting facilitates more painting. But if I stop...well, it's hard to get going again. My time is limited and I have a lot of other responsibilities (as does everyone) so I really have to prioritize things and make it so that I don't spend a lot of time searching for stuff or making space to work.  I've never been good at that, so it will be a seriously long learning curve.

So...on this Saturday morning...lots to do. Please, if you already do so, pray, light a candle, do a little dance, whatever your thing is, for my uncle.  Thanks!

Hopefully, I can report back later today with a little bit of actual art news!

No comments: